Adobe Illustrator
March 27th, 2012
A work in progress. This work is entirely hand drawn with no guides or reference pictures. The inspiration comes from an image I saw briefly of a painted portrait that uses over lapping colours and shapes to create the contours of the face. At first I just wanted to see if I could replicate the painters technique by using illustrator brushes, so I started with the left eye and built it out from there. Drawing becomes so much easier for me when I think in terms of planes and depth instead of lines and shading. There is still a lot of work to be done...
http://vimeo.com/24715531
I think this video very much relates to me. I really want to be good, I think some of my work, both photography and digital art, is kinda okay. But I really want it to be good, and a lot better then where it is at right now.
"Do a huge volume of work", two hundred and seventy-eight more days to go, so it is at least a start.
88:366

No comments:
Post a Comment